Titus 3 - to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone
First, read Titus chapter 3,
Bible Gateway
Titus 3 Bible Study Questions
Why does Paul say people are to be subject to? (verse 1)
What does Paul say to instruct the people concerning obedience? (verse 1)
What are people to be ready for? (verse 1)
Are the people of God to slander anyone? (verse 2)
What is the demeanor or the people of God to be? (verse 2)
Who's interests are the people go God to consider? (verse 2)
Who are the people of God to be gentle towards? (verse 2)
When do people change from being foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures, living in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another? (verse 4-7)
How are we saved? (verse 4-7)
What are we justified by? (verse 7)
Why does Paul ask Titus to stress these things? (verse 8)
What kinds of things does Paul say to avoid? (verse 9)
How many times does Paul say to warn a divisive person? (verse 10)
When are we to have nothing to do with a divisive person? (verse 10)
What kind of people are warped and sinful? (verse 9-11)
Who does Paul say he is sending? (verse 12)
Where has Paul decided to winter? (verse 12)
Who does Paul mention in verse 13?
Why does Paul say, "Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good"? (verse 14)
How does Paul finish his letter to Titus? (verse 14-15)
Interpretation Questions
Who does obedience bring glory to?
What does it look to be ready for every good work?
What does it mean to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone?
Application
devote ourselves to doing what is good
Thoughts
"But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life." - verse 4-7
Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order to provide for urgent needs and not live unproductive lives. - verse 14
About 7 years ago, I was in a music camp and @ 3 in the morning, my friend Chris came in our room.
He was filled with energy/passion and I could tell he was excited bout something!
Me and Ian Chase rolled out of bed and Chris said, "Guys! We should have a bible study about Titus 3!"
so... that's what we did. @ 3 AM, Chris led an unforgettable bible study in our little dorm room @ 3 in the morning.
It's a really fond memory I have of Chris and Ian.
7 years later, when Chris and I were having some time together in Bowling Green, KY, it was getting to be about 3:30 AM and I suggested we do another bible study on Titus 3. We both laughed about the idea and when the time came, we pulled out our bibles and had another study on Titus @ 3 in the morning.Yesterday, I realized that the day that I was due to study Titus also happened to be a day when I needed to get up about 3 AM to buy tickets to a festival.
So here I am in Japan, 7 years later, doing a study on Titus @ 3 AM.
About 7 years ago, I was in a music camp and @ 3 in the morning, my friend Chris came in our room.
He was filled with energy/passion and I could tell he was excited bout something!
Me and Ian Chase rolled out of bed and Chris said, "Guys! We should have a bible study about Titus 3!"
so... that's what we did. @ 3 AM, Chris led an unforgettable bible study in our little dorm room @ 3 in the morning.
It's a really fond memory I have of Chris and Ian.
7 years later, when Chris and I were having some time together in Bowling Green, KY, it was getting to be about 3:30 AM and I suggested we do another bible study on Titus 3. We both laughed about the idea and when the time came, we pulled out our bibles and had another study on Titus @ 3 in the morning.Yesterday, I realized that the day that I was due to study Titus also happened to be a day when I needed to get up about 3 AM to buy tickets to a festival.
So here I am in Japan, 7 years later, doing a study on Titus @ 3 AM.
This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I only endorse what I have personally used and benefitted from.
Comments
Post a Comment