Philippians 4


Philippians 4
10-26-2017, 07:56 PM

What is the "Therefore" there for? (Chapter 3)

Who do Paul and Timothy address? (verse 1)

How do they address them? (verse 1)

How does Paul and Timothy compare them? (verse 1)

What do they say they should do? (Chapter 3 - Chapter 4:1)


Exhortation, Encouragement, and Prayer

What do they entreat Euodia and Synch to do? (verse 2)

Who has labored side by side with Paul and Timothy? (verse 3)

What should be done for them? (Verse 3)

Whose names are in the book of life? (verse 3)

When should people rejoice in the Lord? (Verse 4)

Again, What do Paul and Timothy say to do? (verse 4)

What should be known to everyone? (Verse 5)

Who is at hand? (Verse 5)

Should we be anxious about anything? (Verse 6)

How should we do everything? (verse 6)

What will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus? (verse 7)

What should be thought about? (Verse 8)

What should be practiced? (Verse 9)


God's Provision

Who is rejoicing in the Lord and why? (verse 10)

Not that I am speaking of being in _________, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be ___________. (verse 11)

I know how to be brought ______, and I know how to _______________. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. (verse 12)

I can do all things through _______ who strengthens me. (verse 13)

Yet it was kind of you to ________ my trouble. (verse 14)

When did no church enter into partnership with Paul/Timothy except the Philippians? (Verse 15)

Even in _____________ you sent me help for my needs once and again. (verse 16)

Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the __________ that increases to your credit. (verse 17)

Who has received full payment and more? (Chapter 1-Verse 18)

Who is well supplied? (Verse 18)

And my God will supply every need of yours _______________ to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen. (Verse 19-20)


Final Greetings

All the saints greet you, especially those of ___________ household. (Verse 22)

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your _________ (verse 23)


Application

Our Father, May we agree in you that you are perfect
Bring to mind the things that are worthy of praise
And let us rejoice with you all our days
Through Christ who strengthens us
And supplies our every need
May the Grace of Jesus Christ be with our Spirits
To you be all Glory



Thoughts

Personal Reflection today on verse 6

Today, I was at a church an the door wouldn't move.
Two people with all their strength couldn't move it.
They gave up and a small skinny guy went over to the door,
prayed a very simple prayer, and the door moved freely without effort.
It was clear that through prayer, God had answered.

All Glory went to God!

Finding Ways Home Conference 10/26/17

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.
Let your reasonableness be known to everyone.
The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything,
but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."



Philippians 4 (ESV)

1 Therefore, my brothers,[a] whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved.


Exhortation, Encouragement, and Prayer

2 I entreat Euodia and I entreat Syntyche to agree in the Lord.
3 Yes, I ask you also, true companion,[b] help these women, who have labored[c] side by side with me in the gospel together with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.
5 Let your reasonableness[d]be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand;
6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
9 What you have learned[e] and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.


God's Provision

10 I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity.
11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.
13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

14 Yet it was kind of you to share[f] my trouble.
15 And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only.
16 Even in Thessalonica you sent me help for my needs once and again.
17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit.[g]
18 I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God.
19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
20 To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.


Final Greetings

21 Greet every saint in Christ Jesus. The brothers who are with me greet you.

22 All the saints greet you, especially those of Caesar's household.

23 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.

Footnotes:

Comments

Popular Posts